Some quick advices from our Guests: 1) Cuban Food – Versailles in Calle 8 (8th Street) – Little Havana
The best coffee is at David’s Cafe off Lincoln Road
The best breakfast on the beach is at the Ice Box on Michigan off Lincoln
My favorite restaurant in Miami is Michy’s on 69th and Biscayne (she also has a tapas place called Sra. Martinez)
My favorite place to dance is Discotekka in Downtown Miami
Best brunch – Nemo’s – on Collins and 1st in South Beach
Best Spa — the one at the Mandarin Oriental on Brickell Key
Best local spot (a bit on the older side, but great comfort food) — Joe Allen on Purdy Avenue
Great upscale Peruvian food — Adriana’s on 94th and Harding — North Miami
Most pampering beach — the one at The Ritz on South Beach
Love to just rent a boat and go to the little keys
Driving to Key West
Riding a bike over the Venetian Causeway
Prettiest pool at The Raleigh
Late hole in the wall with many characters…Club Deuce on 14th Street (I once saw an older man in high heels, wearing a red teddy, playing pool with a biker – no, it wasn’t Halloween)
2) Go To Vita on Wednesday night if your located in South Beach.
3) Shopping in Bal Harbor, drinking at the Setai, dinning in Casa Tua and partying at LIV is a good way to get started in Miami.
4) Just go to Lincoln Street, sit.. have a coffee.. or glass of wine..and enjoy the view…
5) From someone who would be considered a local having been in and out of Miami for the last 20 years, there is the party scene, the tourist scene and where the locals go (my experience is mostly on South Beach and its surroundings)…
6) There are many more things to do….just a few of my favorite things….
7) Balan’s on Lincoln Road…sit outside for brunch
8) You are in the right place. Hope to meet great people in Miami, the american Paris.
9) Collins and Lincoln Avenue is great, with lots of Clubs there and cafe’s.
10) Share a drink with someone great no Lincoln rd!
11) Have dinner with a friend in the design district !
12) Have dinner at meat market and Delano, party at Set and Fontainebleau thursday, friday and saturday nights, and above all party at Delano on tuesday night.
13) Nothing else to do in Miami, shopping is not so good and there is nothing really interesting to see except during Art Basel.
Just relax, rent a car, and drive to key west.
And if you like it, buy a flat, prices are 50-60% down!
Lincoln Road is just a very romantic street with awful boutiques…
14) If you are into Gipsy Kings, I recommend Cozy Piano Bar, South Point…Washington Avenue and South Point Drive. A very small and nice place; alternative to typical miami scene…
15) I would highly recommend the Coral Castle Museum…a bit of a long drive from SoBe, but worth it.
Just google it and you’ll see why…. :)
16) On Friday you’ll want to hit the Mondrian, Saturday Liv….
InsideMiamiBeach.com, like no other.